2020 Coronavirus (COVID-19) ADT
March 25, 2020
ADT’s commitment to safety and security during this challenging time
Without question, this is a difficult time for everyone. Our hearts go out to all who have been directly affected by this global pandemic. And we want to extend our gratitude to those on the front lines of the battle against it – from healthcare workers and first responders, to utility workers and grocers. Everyone has to play a part in fighting through this crisis.
We know that ADT has a big role in this effort, as well. From our inception, we’ve been committed to the safety and security of the communities we serve. In addition to the millions of homes we protect, ADT is the security, fire protection and life safety provider for many essential businesses and facilities in our communities, including hospitals, distribution centers, grocery stores, financial institutions and restaurants. These businesses and institutions help keep the country running. It’s a responsibility we take very seriously.
Because of our role connecting our business and residential customers to police, fire and medical emergency services, ADT has been identified as an essential business under shelter-in-place orders recently issued in several states. We’re honored to receive this designation, and we understand the added responsibility the times require. So we’re implementing extra measures to safeguard our customers and our team members.
We will not waver in protecting our communities
Our customers trust us to be there for them when they need us most. We strive to maintain that trust every day. ADT operates nine company-owned monitoring centers, geographically distributed across the United States. That allows us to offer the most redundancy of any US-based monitoring service, ensuring that our critical monitoring and customer care services can continue uninterrupted. This applies whether we’re dealing with the effects of a pandemic like the COVID-19 coronavirus, or natural disasters like hurricanes and earthquakes. If our customers need us, we must be there for them.
We’re doing even more to protect our customers
The nature of our business is such that sometimes we need to interact directly with our customers, whether it’s to repair an existing system or install new security or life safety systems. Because of the circumstances, we’re taking extra steps to safeguard our customers.
- Our call center agents are having deeper conversations with our residential customers to try and resolve issues without in-home appointments. And if a visit to the home is needed, agents ensure customers can provide a safe work environment for themselves and our team members.
- We’re equipping employees who meet with customers with additional cleaning, sanitation and protective tools to help protect them and our customers.
- Our field staff are taking even more steps to help protect our customers, including practicing social distancing; making sure the customer’s household is healthy before arriving; and utilizing personal hygiene safeguards.
- All our field team members are conducting daily personal wellness checks before reporting to work. If anyone is showing any signs of illness, they’re instructed to stay home.
- We’re also temporarily stopping all unsolicited, door-to-door sales practices.
We’re taking extra steps to protect our team members
We also want to protect our own people, not just because we need them to be there for you, but because it’s simply the right thing to do for them. ADT has already put in place a number of policies and practices to help support our people through this very challenging time. These policies provide immediate relief due to missed work, lost wages and concerns about their health, and that of their families.
- Any ADT employee who can work remotely is already doing so. This includes 3,600 ADT monitoring and customer care professionals. We’ll continue with this policy as long as necessary to ensure the health of our people.
- For those who can’t work remotely, we’ve added flexibility to our attendance policy – including access to paid time off – that encourages employees to stay home if they don’t feel well or need to care for children who can’t go to school or daycare.
- ADT will also pay employees 100% of regular compensation for up to two weeks if they are required to quarantine due to COVID-19.
We’re in this for the long run
Right now, none of us knows how long this crisis will last. What we do know is that it will take all of us – our team, our customers and the communities in which we live and work – coming together to maintain our health, safety and security through it all. But we will get through it. ADT has been protecting people and helping save lives for 145 years. We understand what it takes to persevere. We’ll be here for you when you need us most.
March 20, 2020
An Update from ADT on COVID-19 (coronavirus)
Like many of you, our teams at ADT across the country have been working in unprecedented circumstances to both help protect the safety of our employees and customers and to provide our customers with the 24/7 professional monitoring and critical service they need to help stay protected during this challenging time. We have achieved significant progress in implementing new safeguards, policies and practices to achieve our goals of team member safety and customer support. And, while we still have work to do, there’s a lot we can share to give our customers peace of mind that ADT is dedicated to keeping our customers protected. For us, that starts with helping our employees be safe.
Promoting Supportive Work Environments For Our Team Members
This week, ADT instituted a number of policies and practices to support our team members who are facing very challenging times. These policies, which have already gone into effect, provide immediate relief due to missed work, lost wages and real concerns about team member wellbeing. Here are the steps we’re taking:
- We have implemented a temporary, company-wide remote working mandate for positions that can begin remote work immediately.
- We have implemented flexibility in our attendance policy including access to paid time off that encourages employees who feel ill or who need to care for at-home children to stay home.
- ADT will pay employees 100% of regular compensation for up to two weeks if they’re required to be quarantined due to the COVID-19 illness.
- We are working to acquire additional cleaning, sanitation and protective tools for our facilities and employees to help reduce the risk of disease transmission among ADT employees and the public.
- We are regularly communicating with and providing benefits information to our employees through the most accessible channels and keeping information up to date.
Protecting Our Customers And Our Communities
Our commitment to helping keep our customers and communities safe means we sometimes need to interact with you in-person in order to repair and install home security and life safety systems. ADT is also the security, fire protection and life safety provider for essential businesses and facilities in your communities, like hospitals, distribution centers, grocery stores and restaurants. In order to continue providing safety and peace of mind to our customers, we are taking these measures:
- Our call centers are phone screening all residential customers to determine if they can provide a safe work environment before setting in-home appointments to increase the assurance of a safer work environment for our team members and for the protection of all customers.
- We are working to acquire and equip our customer-facing employees with additional cleaning, sanitation and protective tools to help protect them and our customers.
- Any customer who feels uncomfortable receiving ADT personnel in their homes may reschedule their appointments.
- ADT team members who are working from a center, office or servicing customers in the field are helping to protect more than 6 million families and businesses nationwide. Ensuring families and businesses have a sense of security and peace of mind during this time helps our communities beyond saving lives.
Continuing To Provide Protection When It Matters Most
COVID-19 has dramatically changed the way many businesses operate. We’ve taken swift and proactive steps to ensure that we can continue to provide 24/7 professional security, fire and life safety monitoring and service to our 6 million customers. ADT has always utilized a network of nine owned and operated monitoring centers, geographically distributed throughout the United States, which provide backup services for critical functions, like customer care and professional monitoring. This feature of our network gives us strength in times like these, but there is more we’re doing to help safeguard against possible interruptions.
- We have successfully tested our ability to equip ADT monitoring professionals with company-secured hardware and the capability to respond to alarms while working remotely if this becomes necessary in a severe situation.
- We have successfully tested our ability to enable ADT customer care professionals to work remotely and are currently deploying remote working kits to actively reduce our in-office population.
- We currently have 1,000 new laptops on order, if needed, to expand our remote workforce.
- ADT has more than 300 branch locations, stocked with equipment to continue servicing our customers and their ADT home and business systems.
Providing Peace of Mind, In Good Times and Bad
Our team members are standing ready to fulfill our mission to protect and connect people with the things they love most. We will continue to help secure and serve our customers, including the thousands of medical professionals, first responders and public-sector workers bringing the resources of our government to bear in this time of critical need. Thank you for trusting ADT to help keep you protected.
March 13, 2020
An update for ADT Customers
At ADT, we help protect what matters most, and nothing is more important to us than the safety of our customers and employees. As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to impact our communities, we are following guidance from the CDC, national and local governments. As a company that is in the life safety business, we are always working to help keep you and our employees safe, healthy and protected.
24/7 Monitoring Support
Keeping our customers and employees protected is our top priority. To date, there have been no interruptions to our monitoring capabilities or service. We are taking extra precautions to avoid disruptions to our business operations and remain confident in our teams and infrastructure. We are equipped with extensive resources through our network of nine, geographically distributed monitoring centers with backup facilities to continue to provide 24/7 support and monitoring protection service.
Continuing to Deliver for You
Your need for security doesn’t stop during difficult times, and neither do we. Our service teams are ready to respond if you have any service needs. Please call 1-800-ADT-ASAP to set up an appointment.
Our Technicians and Sales Force
We’re taking care of our technicians and salespeople by asking all team members who may be sick to stay at home. We’ve also implemented a temporary remote work and paid time off policy to help employees who are concerned about their wellness. Additional safety and cleaning supplies have been distributed to our teams throughout the country with instructions for increased precautions before entering your home or business.
We are also asking our customers to notify us if they feel sick, have been in contact with anyone who may have been exposed to COVID-19, or have traveled recently so we can take the necessary precautions prior to setting any appointments.
We are keeping all those who have been affected across the world in our hearts. We’ll continue to closely monitor this rapidly evolving situation and provide relevant updates through this webpage.
Thank you for being a loyal ADT Customer,
Chief Customer Officer at ADT
March 9, 2020
Our Commitment to You During COVID-19 and Always
At ADT, protecting our customers’ safety and securing their properties has been our priority for 145 years. Amid the concerns surrounding COVID-19, this remains our top priority.
Our mission of serving customers during times of crisis means we are prepared for situations like these. Our day-to-day operations include:
- Multi-site, geographically dispersed network of UL-certified monitoring centers to help ensure there are backups if a situation arises in one or more locations
- Over 200 branch locations with locally stored inventory to help ensure availability of products to service customers
In addition, we adhere to our business continuity management practices, ensuring all departments have an established response plan in place should a natural disaster, outbreak or other catastrophic event occur.
Specifically, with COVID-19, we have taken additional steps to communicate with and prepare our employees to ensure we keep each other and our customers safe. Steps we have taken include:
- Communication to help keep our employees informed and aware of steps they can take related to increased hand-washing and other hygiene best practices during flu season
- Providing additional supplies including hand sanitizer, gloves, eyeglasses and other protective equipment, especially for those that interact directly with our customers
- Providing assurances that employees can and should stay home if they believe they are sick
- Working closely with local officials and CDC experts to stay up to date as information evolves
COVID-19 is not the first epidemic or crisis we have faced. We stand ready to support our customers and our employees to protect what matters most: each other.
We will continue to update our website with relevant information for our customers.